The main decision body is the General Assembly, which is held at least once a year.
All members are represented in this Assembly. The Board of Directors is elected by the General Assembly for a period of 2 years and is responsible for the proper functioning of the organisation. The Board consists of a President, two Vice-Presidents and 3 to 6 board members. The Board of Directors nominates the Secretary General in charge of the daily management of the organisation. The Board may also nominate Advisory Committees, consisting of experts, which can only have an advisory role. For the time being, two advisory committees have been set up within EOS, one on hardwood and another on softwood.
All the EOS members are represented in the General Assembly.
Board of Directors
as voted during the EOS General Assembly held on 16 June 2016
- Sampsa Auvinen, CEO of Norvik Timber (Latvia)
Vice-President and Chairman of the Softwood Advisory Committee
- Ernest Schilliger, CEO of Schilliger Holz AG (Switzerland)
Vice-President and Chairman of the Hardwood Advisory Committee
- Joël Lefebvre, Managing Director of Lefebvre Group (France)
- Constantin Arion, CEO of Forestfalt S.A. (Romania)
- Carsten Doehring, Managing Director of Ilim Timber (Germany)
- Herbert Jöbstl, CEO of Stora Enso Wood Products (Austria)
- Måns Johansson, Managing Director of Vida Wood AB (Sweden)
- Kai Merivuori, Managing Director of the Finnish Sawmills Association Suomen Sahatry (Finland)
- Hans Michael Offner, President of Johann Offner Holzindustrie GmbH
(honorary member, Austria)
- Jean-Claude Sève, President and Director General of Monnet-Sève SA (France)